Friday, January 8, 2010

Movie Buffs

My hubby and I are huge movie fans. We've even spent an entire week at a film festival where we sat through four and five movies a day for several days in a row.

Last week my mother took my boys overnight, which gave my hubby and I an opportunity to spend an entire afternoon and evening at the movie theater. We squeezed in 3 movies and a pizza.

Our favorite of the day was The Blind Side, which Ingrid has already reviewed for us. Phenomenal story.

The next favorite movie was Up in the Air with George Clooney. It was a little left of center, which hubby and I usually enjoy. We were caught up in the story, but left feeling a little dejected at the not-so-happily-ever-after ending. We're both romantics at heart, and this was not a true romance with a HEA ending.

Finally the third place finish went to It's Complicated with Meryl Streep, Alex Baldwin and Steve Martin. Definitely several laugh out loud moments, but as my hubby said, "I didn't really care for any of the characters."

So a mixed bag of movies, but the pizza was awesome! I think we found our new favorite pizza restaurant in our area. Here's a cheer for Greek Tony's Pizza & Sub Shop. Go Tony's!!! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While you were watching movies, the boys and I were watch, Alvin and the Chipmunks. I reviewed it very favorably. I even forgot for a moment or two that they were cartoon characters.
Go see AVATAR!
Nana