Monday, January 11, 2010

40,000 Words - Wow!!!!!

Happy Monday. I have taken the challenge in my writers group to try to write 40,000 in basically a month. I also work full-time and since the challenge started on Saturday, I only have 1,000 words. So, I am already far behind.

However, what I am realizing is that even if I don't make the 40,000, whatever word count I do end up with will be more than I would have had without the challenge. My point it, goals are important, but realizing the 'reality' of a goal is the key.

My reality for this challenge will be whatever I can push myself to do. I am proud to say I'm not going to make myself or my family miserable to get the 40,000 words. I'm selfish, I need my sleep. :-) It has been my goal this year (2010) to make more goals and break them into smaller more attainable things. So far so good. With the love and support of my TLC critique group, I know I'll be very happy with what I end up with. Happy writing, my friends!

Ingrid

No comments: