Monday, October 5, 2009

The Edits!

Happy Monday!

This past week, I learned a lot from my critique group. They keep me grounded and make me work harder. About a month ago, I finished my first WIP. Each week, I have been bringing a few chapters to read, and last week I floundered. As my critique partner, Andrea, was reading my work to me, I got those bad feelings we all get when things aren't going right.

In other words, I didn't like my own work. So, it was back to the laptop this week. I ended up chopping about five chapters and rewriting the ending. I'm much happier with how things turned out. In fact, my main female character, Micaella, gave me a surprise at the end.

So, I learned this week that it is very important to have someone read your work to you. Then, you can decide how it sounds and if you need to rewrite anything.

Have a blessed day.

Ingrid

No comments: