Friday, October 30, 2009

Doing the blog

Last year, when I told my friend, Monica, that I was writing a historical western set on a cattle ranch, she said I had to go online and check out a blog by a woman living on a cattle ranch in Oklahoma. I kept putting it off. I mean I thought it might help a little with my research, but how interesting could a woman blogging about living on a ranch in the middle of nowhere be?

Oh, was I in a for a big surprise!

This woman is every woman's dream of the perfect friend. She's funny, smart, loving, out-going, goofy and self-deprecating in the best of ways. She can cook up a storm and take beautiful photos of the process at the same time. Talk about talent. I would surely drop my camera in the batter bowl every time. She also does weekly give-a-ways of spectacular prizes.

From the little blog site she started three years ago, she has now won numerous awards, has published her first cookbook and has been televised on The Bonnie Hunt Show!

And what I appreciate the most from her is that she always puts a smile on my face when I read her daily blogs.

So ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, let me introduce you to Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.

No comments: