Friday, September 11, 2009

Body for Life

Happy Friday!

My hero in my WIP is Jackson Pierce. One of the things I adore about him is that he adopted the gym as his surrogate family. He is very physically fit! So since I created Jackson, I thought I better get myself to the gym! :-)

I want to review Body for Life. It's a fitness/eating plan that I am committing myself to. I've been working it for about three weeks now. I have to admit I haven't been perfect. But, what I am doing is creating very good habits. I've almost completely given up pop. Yes, I LOVED my Diet Coke. At first, it was very hard. Now, I really do crave water. And since Monday, Andrea's iced tea!

I am eating six small meals a day that have one carb and one protein per serving. I need to add veges to at least two meals. What I am finding is that planning is the key. If I make my lunch ahead of time, it works. If I mess up, I get right back on track the next meal.

In addition to eating, working out at the gym is a must. I'm getting much better at wanting to go. I take my husband with me, and he is good inspiration.

It's amazing what you can learn from the characters you create. Enjoy the weekend and post your thoughts.

Ingrid

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You rock, Ingrid!
Great job getting to the gym.

Can you believe I've been up everyday this week at 6 am and exercised? Unbelievable for the woman who slept to 11 am most of the summer. :D

Can't wait to see your before/after pics. You did take before pics, right?

I had no idea you liked my iced tea so much. Thanks! It's Stash Mango Passionfruit Decaf tea.

Have a great weekend,
Andrea

Ingrid Edwards said...

Thanks Andrea. I don't have the traditional bikini picture. I thought my camera would break. I have a picture when I was in Chicago that will work. :-)

Rock on!