Monday, September 21, 2009

Writing is Really a Job!

Happy Monday!

It really is for me. On Mondays, I meet with two very special women--my critique group. It's the best way to start out the week.

As I continue to write, I am trying to find ways to work smarter. Writing is like any other job, you have to practice to get better at it. You need to have others read your work and get positive feedback. Then, you need to use that feedback and make your WIP better. If you never do anything with suggestions, you can't grow as a writer.

I have no idea what I would do without my critique partners. Not only do they help make my writing better, they support me in friendship. There isn't anything better. What job can you go to on a daily basis and say, you adore all of your co-workers? When I go to work on Mondays with these ladies, I can honestly say this.

One of the things that has kept me writing is posting goals on our monthly blog site for writers. If I put these out into cyberspace, I'm committing myself to achieve those goals. In addition, each Monday the critique group meets we always bring at least one chapter. For me, it's all about accountability.

Ann and Andrea, thank you for being so supportive and challenging me to get better each week.

Ingrid

No comments: