Friday, December 4, 2009

New Moon - Twilight Saga

Happy Friday.

Many of you do not know this little fact about me. I am a HUGE Twilight fan. And, I am not a teenager! :-)

When Twilight was released, I saw the movie about eight times in the theater. Now that New Moon is out, I bet my Twilight buddy and I will see the movie at least twenty times. Over the top you say? Maybe, but for me, it has turned into a whole new form of literary analysis. Let me explain.

Being a writer, it fascinates me when another writer creates characters that people love. This is what happened in the Twilight Series. When I go to the movies, my buddy and I are comparing details from the book to the film. We truly enjoy this. I guess some could view this as an obsession, however, there are worse ways I could be spending my time.

So, the reviews on New Moon. I really enjoyed it, but I felt a little let down at the end. Of course, the director changed some things. At the end, I felt we needed more from Edward and Bella. There wasn't enough of their important conversation like in the book. I actually had to go back home and reread the end of the book to feel complete. Maybe I have read them so many times, that I am too picky. Anyway, I give the movie a thumbs up. I can't wait until Elipse in released in June 2010.

Ingrid.

No comments: